The SAEM Assessment Team builds a culture of evidence within SAEM to continuously improve the programs, services and experiences provided to NMSU students.
Links to NMSU sites
- NMSU Institutional Analysis
- NMSU Office of Assessment
Collins, K.M., & Roberts, D.M. (Eds.) (2012). Learning Is Not a Sprint: Assessing and Documenting Student Leader Learning in Cocurricular Involvement. Washington, DC.: NASPA-Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education.
Culp, Marguerite McGann, & Dungy, Gwendolyn Jordan. (Eds.) (2012). Building a Culture of Evidence in Student Affairs: A guide for Leaders and Practitioners. Washington, DC.: NASPA-Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education.
Assessment articles: University focus
- The concept of the university as a learning organization, Nakpodia
- Can universities become true learning organizations?, White and Weathersby
Assessment in Student Affairs
- Assessment of Student Academic Achievement
- Criteria and Core Components | Criteria, Eligibility and Candidacy | Accreditation Processes
- Provezis.pdf (application/pdf Object)
- Give Assessment a Fighting Chance - Commentary - The Chronicle of Higher Education
- PeterEwell_005.pdf (application/pdf Object)
- College Accreditation in the United States -- TOC
- Assessment matters: Moving beyond surveys - Wise-Barham.pdf
- The Most Common Performance Indicators for Institutions and Their Boards | Association of Governing Boards
- College-level statistics trumps remedial algebra in CUNY study @insidehighered
- Seeking rigor in study abroad, Redden, Inside Higher Ed, 4/9/13: Good application of assessment to experiential learning.
- Scorecards get an A, Fain, Inside Higher Ed, 4/10/13: The numbers side of assessment for enrollment management.
- All articles in this feed
Assessment meeting notes
- October 14, 2014 Assessment Meeting Notes
- June 17, 2014 Assessment Meeting Notes
- March 5, 2014 Assessment Meeting Notes
- February 4, 2014 Assessment Meeting Notes
- January 7, 2014 Assessment Meeting Notes
- December 3, 2013 Assessment Meeting Notes
- November 5, 2013 Assessment Meeting Notes
- August 6, 2013 Assessment Meeting Notes
- May 2013 Assessment Meeting Notes
- April 2013 Assessment Meeting Notes