The SAEM Assessment Team builds a culture of evidence within SAEM to continuously improve the programs, services and experiences provided to NMSU students.
Links to NMSU sites
- NMSU Institutional Analysis
- NMSU Office of Assessment
Collins, K.M., & Roberts, D.M. (Eds.) (2012). Learning Is Not a Sprint: Assessing and Documenting Student Leader Learning in Cocurricular Involvement. Washington, DC.: NASPA-Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education.
Culp, Marguerite McGann, & Dungy, Gwendolyn Jordan. (Eds.) (2012). Building a Culture of Evidence in Student Affairs: A guide for Leaders and Practitioners. Washington, DC.: NASPA-Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education.
Assessment articles: University focus
- The concept of the university as a learning organization, Nakpodia
- Can universities become true learning organizations?, White and Weathersby
Assessment in Student Affairs
- Challenging 10 claims about higher education's decline (essay) | Inside Higher Ed Tue, Jul 16, 2013
- Assessing Student Learning Outcomes: Surveys Aren't Enough | Academic Impressions Mon, Jun 17, 2013
- Learner’s Mindset In the Workplace | Joe Sabado - Student Affairs & Technology LeadershipJoe Sabado - Student Affairs & Technology Leadership Fri, May 10, 2013
- Opinion: The value of on-campus jobs | USA TODAY College Tue, Apr 30, 2013
- News: Assessment Disconnect - Inside Higher Ed Tue, Apr 30, 2013
- Essay on how professors can deal with assessment | Inside Higher Ed Mon, Apr 29, 2013
- Can universities become true learning organizations? Fri, Apr 26, 2013
- National Student Clearinghouse Research Center Fri, Apr 26, 2013
- Statistics 250 - Introduction to Statistics and Data Analysis | Open.Michigan Fri, Apr 26, 2013
- Taking the Lead Among Learning-Centered Institutions Wed, Feb 03, 2010
- Seeking rigor in study abroad, Redden, Inside Higher Ed, 4/9/13: Good application of assessment to experiential learning.
- Scorecards get an A, Fain, Inside Higher Ed, 4/10/13: The numbers side of assessment for enrollment management.