NMSU branding
New Mexico State University
New Mexico State University

Welcome to the Spring 2013 Semester!

I hope that each of you enjoyed the much deserved break over the holidays! I truly enjoyed my time off and am now looking forward to an exciting spring semester and year ahead. Over the break I was able to spend some time reflecting on 2012, and the many accomplishments that we celebrated as a team. I feel good about our accomplishments, and I hope you do as well.  I also used some of my time to re-charge professionally by reading some new leadership material and setting my own personal and professional goals for the new year.

Since our return to campus last week, several things have transpired. First, we welcome a new area to join SAEM. The Albuquerque Center is now a new part of our unit, and we welcome four new staff members (Veronica Chavez-Neuman, Mike Vaughn, Lonetta Gallegos, and Erin Worth).  We look forward to our new opportunities in Albuquerque!  Second, we are in a transition phase with our International Student Services office.  This office (Mary Jaspers, Naomi Philhower, Liliana Barraza, and Diane Gobrick) will be relocating to Garcia Annex to join the International and Border Programs Office to provide student support to our International student population.  We wish them well in their new location and reporting line.

Our final version of the Strategic Plan is now completed, and you will each be receiving your own copy.  I hope that you will use this document to help guide your daily work and service.  As stated on page 3 of our plan, “Strategic planning is all about the future, and we are working to make ours better, smarter, and more transparent”.

Let’s all look forward to continued success in Student Affairs and Enrollment Management in the year ahead!  Thank you for your continued and much valued support!

Tagged with: , , ,

One Comment

1. Christina Chavez Kelley says:

Bernadette – As we reflect on 2012, we can all be proud of the many successes achieved by every area within SAEM. I am honored to be part of this team. I am grateful for everyone who helped us with our diversity efforts in 2012 and for our efforts providing Safe Zone Training. We hope you can visit the American Indian Student Center, if you haven’t had an opportunity to do so since it opened. We also hope that you will join our outstanding events during Black History Month (Feb), Latino Week (March), American Indian Week (April 1-5), and GLBTQ Week (April 8-12). Go Aggies!