Extended Hours for Educational Services, Sunday August 19–Friday, August 24
Fall semester is about to begin and to accommodate students during this busy time, offices in the Educational Services Building will have extended hours. Offices will be staffed during these times:
- Sunday, August 19 (Move-in Day), from 9 to 3
- Monday-Thursday, August 20-23, from 7:30-5:30
- Friday, August 24, from 7:30 to 5:00
Offices with extended hours are:
- University Accounts Receivables
- Financial Aid and Scholarship Services
- Housing and Residential Life
- Student Affairs and Enrollment Management
- University Admissions
- University Registrar
Responders needed for the QuickConnect Program
QuickConnect, an early alert and intervention program, is dedicated to offering assistance to all NMSU faculty and students. The purpose of the program is to intervene with students who may be experiencing difficulties early in the semester. Responders are staff and faculty who want to make a difference in the success of students. Commitment as a responder is minimal and enriching. You can’t beat that! Please contact email@example.com or call 646-1342, Student Success Center-Zuhl for more information and to volunteer as a QC Responder.
Learn more about QuickConnect at http://ssc.nmsu.edu/zuhl/quickconnect/index.html
A college degree means higher wages, and states with a higher percent of college graduates have lower poverty rates. The publication Higher Ed + State of New Mexico has more reminders about the importance of higher education in our state:
- By 2019, New Mexico will have a projected 88,340 new job openings to fill. Education, business and financial operations, as well as computer and mathematical occupations are all projected to experience double-digit growth.
- More than 90% of graduates surveyed from New Mexico Universities are employed.
See more facts about higher education in New Mexico at Higher Ed + State of New Mexico, published by the Council of University Presidents.