NMSU branding
New Mexico State University
New Mexico State University

Welcome to Michael Jasek, new Dean of Students

I am pleased to announce that Dr. Michael Jasek will be joining NMSU as our new Dean of Students on August 16.  We look forward to having him with us.

Dr. Jasek joins us from University of West Florida in Pensacola, where he was Associate Dean of Students. He has worked most recently in orientation and transition programs, and also has experience with living-learning communities, student judicial affairs, Greek life, and residential life.

Dr. Jasek is active with NASPA, National Orientation Directors Association, International Ombudsman Association, and ACPA.

Dr. Jasek has a doctorate in education from University of West Florida. His Masters and undergraduate degrees are from Texas A&M University in College Station.

Thanks to our search committee for their work during the last few months.  In particular,  I thank Dr. Tony Marin and Ann Nieto for their leadership in the search process.  I appreciate everyone’s participation in the interview process and for providing thoughtful feedback.

Please join me in recognizing and thanking Dr. Susan Waldo for her service as our Interim Dean of Students during the last two years.  Her dedication to this role has been truly valued.  Susan will resume her duties as Associate Dean of Students and Director of Campus Activities.

Tagged with: , ,

3 Comments

1. Sherron Moore says:

You are so lucky to be getting our Dr. Jasek. He has been a friend and collegue at the University of West Florida for many years and has made a huge difference in the lives of so many. He will be greatly missed.

2. Tonya Jackson says:

Our loss is your gain. Dr. Jasek is wonderful. I will miss him.

3. Sheran Noles says:

Congratulations my friend. NMSU is getting a great new staff member. Good Luck in this journey.
    Sheran