NMSU branding
New Mexico State University
New Mexico State University

Open Forums

Thanks to each of you who took the time to attend our Open Forum! I was delighted to have the opportunity to engage with everyone, and to share many of the things that we are working on this summer and beyond. It was a pleasure to be able to award Lisa Kirby her gift certificate for her participation in the recent discussion thread during our 1 p.m. forum! Look for the new discussion question now on our website. Another drawing will be held this Friday at 3 p.m. I look forward to reading your comments.

I hope you all enjoyed the video that was created by our student, Stacey Clayshulte. It is available below for you to re-visit or to share with others. Students: Their lives, our hands. I truly think this is an important metaphor for us to think about as we reflect on the services that we provide to our students. Each of us makes a difference.

Tagged with: ,

4 Comments

1. Amanda says:

I am glad that i had the opportunity to attend the open forum yesterday hosted by Dr. Montoya. She did a wonderful job communicating future goals and future challenges within the Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management. It was enlightening to see the larger picture of what our division does and how we serve the students of NMSU. Loved the video that Stacey created and thought it was a good concept to remember and incorporate into our daily activities.

2. BILLY N. LANDERS.JR. says:

I was unable to attend the open forum due to an appointment for dental surgery. I strongly believe the forums are positive steps in involving the employees and students of NMSU in the continuing positive progression of NMSU.
    We have a multitude of various backgrounds,experiences and ideas. The way things can be accomplished ,in my opinion,is with TEAMWORK , RESPECT and CIVILITY . LET LET ALL US WORK AS A TEAM TO HELP DEFINE AND OBTAIN THE GOALS FOR NMSU FOR THE BETTERMENT OF ALL.

3. Yvette Guzman says:

The implemantation of the open forum for our division is a wonderful idea. It helps us, as employees, to feel more connected and a part of the team. While I did not speak during the one I went to, I did listen and was impressed with Dr. Montoya’s enthusiasm and her genuine love of her job. I look forward to these in the future!

4. Sharna Horn says:

Unfortunately I was unable to attend due to my summer class schedule. I did, however enjoy the brainstorming meeting which took place yesterday. During the course of our discussion, it was great to see how similar our goals are for the various areas within the division.