Student Affairs and Enrollment Management Staff:
To meet a recent need for funding reallocation within the University system, Student Affairs and Enrollment Management was asked to consider a reorganization to help meet that need. While the choices we have had to make have been challenging, this reorganization is the best way we had to ensure that all offices remained in tact, and that we were still able to meet the needs of our students and the NMSU community.
Effective November 1, the following changes will occur:
- Career Services will report to Tony Marin in the Office of Student Engagement. Tony will retain his current title as Director, Student Affairs. Veterans Affairs will move under the leadership of the Registrar’s Office, and report to Jacobo Varela, Assistant Registrar. These changes affect only reporting lines: the office functions will continue to operate out of the same space and with the same staff as prior to this reorganization.
- Agustin Diaz will join the administrative team in the Office of Institutional Equity. Agustin will be focusing on Title IX compliance and other related OIE issues.
- Maria Hernandez will transfer from Career Services to the Financial Aid and Scholarship Services Office as the Administrative Assistant.
Effective January 2012, Testing Services will move from NMSU to Dona Ana Community College – East Mesa. Final details regarding this transition are still being worked out.
This reorganization reflects resources that have been reallocated within the University. To absorb this loss, we will not be filling the following positions: Career Services Director, All Things Military Coordinator, International Transcript Evaluator, and Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management. The Dean of Students Position will also change from a level 14 to a level 12 position, and will be posted soon.
As part of this process, I would like to announce that the following positions will become available for posting within the coming months:
- Dean of Students
- Director of Financial Aid
- Aggie Welcome & Orientation Coordinator
- WAVE Student Program Coordinator
- Career Services Administrative Assistant
- Student Resources Coordinator for Career Services
- Senior Admissions Advisor
- Student Diversity and Outreach Administrative Assistant
As always, I appreciate and value your support. I know you will help our colleagues in new and changing roles to be successful, and to make Student Affairs and Enrollment Management the great unit that it is!